Friday, 6 January 2006

Day of Happenings...

While waiting for CORS to open, shall do the update that I wanted to do last night, except that reached home around 11pm, and was chatting with the people from the Hiroshima homestay til ard 12.30 am..... So much for sleeping early...

-yesterday-
Started the day off by heading down to NUS so could go to the health centre @ YIH.... Have had been having diarrhea since wed afternoon, after having taken the oyako-don @ engine, and am STILL having diarrhea Good thing it wasn't very bad, or else I would have had to miss not one, but TWO gatherings.... Though it was a little annoying.... Anyway, back to YIH.... Went there and there were TONNES of people there, so much so that the queue reached outside.... So Juan heads off without knowing why she had diarrhea and no medication to ease the diarrhea....

Then, while heading across the expressway on the overhead bridge, I tripped on a step and nicely stubbed 2 of my right toes on a step... Din think it was anything serious til I noticed that my index toe (is that watcha call it?) was slowly oozing blood... Kinda managed to get the nail to flip up a little... Just enough for the blood to start... Luckily Des was around and plasters were at hand (tho' he was the only unfortunate one to see my bloodied toe... Not the a LS student should be grossed out by the sight of blood...), though even a plaster was not quite enough to stop the blood from oozing out, not with my weight on my foot... Right now it looks pretty normal except for some dried blood and pus around the edges... Wondering how long it would take for it to turn black...

Took 2 buses and ended up being 45 min late for our lunch meeting, thanks to Des' spider feeding and my (mis)adventure w my toe, then there was the nice long walk to Far East Square for lunch ar Pizza Hut.... Pretty fun meeting up with most of the Hiroshima homestay bunch Kinda like the atmosphere we had together while we were in Hiroshima ^^ Do hope that we would all stay friends! We DO kinda have our next "together-gether" slated as a movie outing to go watch Memoirs of a Geisha, though once semester starts, I wonder how oftne we can all meet up.... And after this semester, many would be graduating.... After the set meal thingie and the discount that we got using our student passes (one of the things I would miss most when I graduate, along with my bus pass...), headed down to Marina Square for karaoke ^^ Whee~~ Well, yea, except that by then it was raining, and quite badly too, so popped into a pharmacy and got some rubber finger cots (that REALLY really look like mini-condoms) to put over my injured toe, except that since they are meant for fingers, I needed yet another plaster to keep it from slipping off.... All got to Marina Square in one piece, and the only thing the karaoke session did for me was *sorta* updating me a little with regards to some of the newer chinese songs... Felt so old and outdated... Left around 17.30 to for my dinner gathering, leaving them to singing til 20.30h and their dinner at 21.30h, before I "rejoined" them on MSN

Haven't been to Holland V in ages, and it seems to have changed quite a bit... The main carpark now has a 2nd storey, and the slope that we usually walk down to has disappeared, with the carpack stairs nearby taking its place.... Further up, the road right in front of BK (which is thankfully still there, even tho' KFC is gone...) seems to have some kinda road widening going on... Was great meeting up w Zim, Sasi, Joshua Ong and Linus ^^ Dinner at Brekko's was nice, and avocados do taste pretty good in a sandwich too!! Updating each other and reminiscing about JC life, and just hanging out with each other was good, tho' it was a pity that a lot of the overseas bunch didn't come back during this winter break.... And Zim, being Zim, tried to get away with treating all of us by paying first... All came to an agreement by letting him treat us for dessert ^^ Nothing like a nice Swensen's dessert to end the day ^^ Tho' the choc fudge was a little too sweet for me...

Took 99 from Clementi, and was forced to miss my stop, since Singaporeans, unlike Japanese, do NOT know how to 自动 squeeze and make way when the bus stops.... The stops aren't THAT near in my part of Singapore, so I ended up ard 2.5 stops away from home, after the little bit of backtracking I needed to do... And since it wasn't raining, and the night was cool, plus I needed to walk off the dessert, took a nice walk home instead of waiting for the bus ^^ Was a pretty good walk, except that at the last traffice light, a car making a right turn didn't notice that the the pedestrians' green man was on, and nearly knocked me down... Good thing he wasn't speeding, and DID notice me in the middle of turning....

No comments: