Tuesday, 30 August 2005

the road less travelled

This HAS got to be a record... 3 posts in a day!!! Dun think i haf ever done this but.... *deep breath* Here goes...

I used to think that I wld choose a less travelled path in the name of adventure, spontaneity, and to put it in a very Singaporean way, "garang-ness". How idealistic that sounds to me now.... basically, I'm not a terribly adventurous person, and neither am I a risk-taker. Oh no, in fact, I just love familiarity and making myself at home in my little cottony comfort zone, making me a loner of sorts. Don't ge tme wrong tho', I am by no means a social recluse or hermit, and I DO enjoy the company of friends & loved ones. Yet at the same time, I doubt I can truly confide in anybody (incl myself). Well, in terms of pooring out my woes and stuff, at the moment Mom is prob the closet person, God the closest being, & my diary (that includes portions of this blog) the closest thing...

So why wld I take the road less travelled? Not for adventure, not for discovery, but for the sweet solace that is so hard to come nowadays in the busy-ness of the world we live in. ちょっと寂しいし、つまらないし...でも、あたしはここにいることよかったね。この世界は忙しくなったり、にぎやかになったりするそうから、自分の空間 を持つたいん...今、本当にいる所はどこか、ちょっと分からない。 Amidst all the hustle and bustle of everyday life, there is just this yearning for my own niche, a personal space for me to retreat into, so that I can relax & un-wind. One can really get claustrophobic in this busy-ness of life.... 命の忙しさは怖いね!Call me an escapist or any other name you want but I relly love getting away from crowds & all (with the occasional human contact, of course! ^^)

And this "contemplation" and self-reflection began all thanks to the busride(s) home today... Trying to take 96 from arts at 1800h is near to utter madness. Crammed in like sardines in a can, pespiring in a non-aircon bus.... And to top it all off, a pretty bad jam when the bus hit Clementi *sigh* With like 6, 7 buses in a row, and the crazy jam, I WAS feeling pretty squished up and irritated, thus I joined like half of the NUS students on board when they got off 2 stops from the interchange. If I wasn't so irritated, I prob wld haf been thoroughly amused (ok, so I am now, on hindsight that is...) at the NUS "exodus" to the interchange/MRT station... Somehow, the bunch of us who got off earlier actually managed to beat the bus to the interchange... on foot too! ^^ Still, for that to take 40 min is just way too long... (えっ!40分もかかるんか!) Since the MRT wld haf been real crowded too, Juan here hopped onto yet another bus... And in between feeling irritated and stuff, "road less travelled" just came to mind.... Oh well, guess I shall just have dinner in sch on the days my lessons end at 6pm.... さあ、仕方がない...

No comments: