Sunday, 22 January 2006

Happy Birthday Des!!!

Just got home from a full day out.... Was at Shiyu's place having a Japanese cookout... We were more or less just cooking and cooking (while eating) the whole afternoon away.... No surprise that all of us (and prob Shiyu's sis as well) are all so full.... Had green tea ice cream, soba, sushi, curry rice, salad, konnyaku jelly, okonomiyaki, onigiri... All hand made by us!! Heehee... Who were the "us"? Shiyu, Peiwen, PeiQi, Yilin, Diane, Huey Sian, Xiao Qian, Shirley, Des and me, tho technically Des din make anything... Just helped to finish the food, as well as take photos of the multiple chefs ^^ Des' gonna turn 25 on Thu, so we 顺便顺便 gave him a little celebration, with a fruitcake and card ^^ Had to lure him away from the kitchen area on the pretense of playing truth or dare, and it happened to be his turn when with the bottle when the cake was nice and ready ^^ Happy birthday, dude~~


Ingredients on display...


PeiQi chopping mushrooms...


And wah la!


Cooking our soba... Yum ^^


Making sushi....


More sushi making...


Shiyu our okonomiyaki chef...


Singapore styled (or at least Shiyu styled) okonomiyaki...


Cracking the egg...


All hail the onigiri-makers...


Shaping in progress...


Growing pile of onigiri...


Seaweeding...


I dub thee Mt Onigiri....


My backview w XQ posing in the BG... And here I thot I managed to dodge the camera successfully...


The birthday boy ^^


Clearing wax from his cake...


Cake time~~



Now, all I need to do is convince mum to let me make some onigiri for the family to eat.... shld try and buy some of the seasoning first tho.... Pretty fun trying to get the rice into little triangular shapes, tho I haf a feeling that I put too much salt on my hands.... A big sorry to those of you who were unfortunate enough to have eaten salty onigiri.... ごめんねえ~ 悪かった...

No comments: