Saturday, 21 January 2006

Ponderings...

Spent the morning making konnyaku jelly for tomorrow's gathering @ Shiyu's place... Forgot how much I liked cooking stuff ^^ Also forgot how much I hated the washing up after, especially since I am the kind of cook that needs tonnes of bowls and stuff... Wish that there would be an automatic washing sink somewhere... Tho' some how, cooking does some what remind me of lab.... Weighing out of the ingredients/chemicals, stirring, boiling water over the stove etc. ... Guess my mum is a scientist in her own little way, concocting up delectable delicacies for us to nourish our bodies (the right amount of nutrients w/o overdosing on fats or sugars), over the fire, simmering.... Really miss mum's cooking... All those late evenings in NUS, plus prob having dinner out tomorrow as well... Maybe I should ask her to keep some food then I'll settle for a somewhat cold (and lonely) late dinner at home while the rest of the family is watching TV.... Eating dinner in school is just a little better, since most of the time I DO have company (and even if I dun, there are always pple ard in the canteen), plus I can take the slightly less crowded bus home... But I still miss mum's cooking~~ *whines* Everybody's home for dinner today but mum's not cooking (she does need her little breaks too, ya know!), and dad's packing food back.... When, oh when do I get to have homecooked food again?

I just know that this sem is gonna be crummy.... Would prob hafta miss dinner on tues and wed due to TA and TB....

No comments: